This recipe taken from glutenfreecooking.about.com is worth writing a haiku about. Write me a haiku and I will make you a cheesecake.*
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, about 6 ounces (I used Kinnikinnick Gluten-Free Smoreable Graham Crackers)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 2 pounds softened cream cheese ((4 8-ounce packages))
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour OR cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sour Cream Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cherry Glace Ingredients:
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Place gluten-free graham crackers in a plastic zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and nutmeg and stir to thoroughly blend. Add melted butter and stir to combine.
Press crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan. Don’t press the crumbs on the sides of the pan. Refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake filling.
Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add sweet rice flour, sour cream and vanilla. Beat on high until smooth.
Remove crust from refrigerator. Pour cheesecake filling into spring form pan. Smooth top with a spatula and bake for 45 minutes.
While cheesecake is baking, place remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth and blended.
Remove cheesecake from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Use a spatula to spread sour cream topping over the baked cheesecake with a light touch. Return cake to the oven and bake an addition 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour before removing.
Cool completely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
While cake is cooling combine cherry pie filling, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir to blend. Spread cherries over chilled cheesecake just before serving.
Yield- 8 to 12 servings
* It must be a good Haiku. You must want the cheesecake. I must be able to drive it to you. You must give me a piece of it.